- Are you looking to rekindle the spark and connection in your relationship?
- Are you wanting to deepen the skills, knowledge and commitment that began in the The Art and Science of Love (ASL) couples workshop?
- Do you want to go deeper? Learn new advanced techniques and reinforce the ASL workshop knowledge?
- Are you willing to recommit to making your relationship the best ever?
- Are you looking to integrate the Gottman Method into you everyday life?
Then the ASL2 Workshop is for you!
You learned a lot about strengthening your relationship at The Art and Science of Love couples workshop. How did things go after that weekend? Were you able to incorporate your newfound knowledge into your relationship as well as you wanted? It can be a challenge to remember it all after you get home. That’s what this workshop is for. Whether you want to build on your first experience for deeper comprehension or re-commit to your relationship after being “out of practice,” The Art and Science of Love 2 leads to a greater command of the skills needed for a strong relationship.
The ASL2 Workshop Program
Through interactive exercises, entertaining role-plays, and enlightening presentations, you will refresh and expand the skills previously learned, as well as deepen your connection with your partner. You will be able to work together privately, receive support from Certified Gottman Therapists, and gain a fresh focus for meeting the challenges in your relationship in a small intimate workshop setting.
This workshop is based on the inspiring couples research presented by Drs. John and Julie Gottman in their books, lectures, and other programs, including The Art and Science of Love. Presented by popular demand, The Art and Science of Love 2 is your opportunity to take your partnership to the next level.
Workshop presenters will provide a review of the Sound Relationship House and share proven methods for developing effective problem solving skills, including repair and compromise. New presentations and exercises have been developed to help partners identify and achieve mutual relationship goals. In addition, you will learn thought-provoking information and research on brain neurobiology that can help increase your understanding of the Gottman Method. There will be opportunities to ask questions and receive support from roving Certified Gottman Therapists, who are available to assist if needed during any of the exercises.
Most importantly, this workshop will help you put it all together so you can more deeply integrate these new behaviors with your everyday life.
So much is given at the ASL that most couples are able to retain and easily practice only some of what was given. There is a process of learning, and processes take time and experience and often more coaching.
By attending this Gottman workshop, you will learn to:
- Improve conflict management skills
- Foster greater intimacy and connections
- Enhance your understanding and use of repair and its significance for effective communication in all relationships
- Reinforce and expand the skills learned through The Art and Science of Love workshop and other Gottman materials
- Reduce the Four Horsemen in your daily life
- Use Dreams within Conflict (listening to your partner's underlying feelings and dreams)
- Process the Aftermath of a Fight
- Use Softened Start-up techniques (new exercises to reduce defensiveness)
- Learn new tools and skills to talk about current relationship issues and integrate them into your daily life (sexuality, money, children, etc.)
Register for the upcoming workshop in your area today. Space is limited to create a more intimate experience for couples.
“It was like the light went on. We were able to apply the Gottman Method in many areas after attending The Art and Science of Love, but this workshop gave us a further strengthening and deepening experience.”